Thursday, March 22, 2012

Distress Marker Quick Tip Video

Hello friends.  I made a quick video today showing a couple simple tips:  keeping your Distress Markers fresh longer, and showing how I label mine.  I've been teaching Distress Marker techniques at our LSS and I'll be sharing some of my ideas on my blog as well.  There is SO much you can do with these lovely markers, and in teaching a two hour class it's just not enough time to cover it all.  I created a four page handout for my students and that only covered some of the basics plus a few tricks I came up with just from playing around.

There are 36 markers that match the Tim Holtz Distress Ink colors, plus a white opaque Picket Fence as well (37 markers total).  If you're just getting started with the Distress Markers and aren't buying the complete set, I recommend starting off with Black Soot, Picket Fence, and 2-3 other colors you would use that blend nicely together.  My favorite combination, at the moment, is Faded Jeans & Peeled Paint...with a touch of Worn Lipstick.  Yeah, I'm not sure how the Worn Lipstick fits in there either, but I just love those colors.  =)

If you're new to the Distress Markers, Noell Hyman at Paperclipping.com has a great video with Tim Holtz demonstrating his new Distress Markers at CHA Winter 2012.  You can watch it HEREScraptime has a video with Tim demonstrating at CHA as well, which you can view HERE.




Thanks for stopping by, Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa, Thanks for the tips! I have my markers on preorder and can't wait for them to arrive. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!