Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tissue Paper & Faux UTEE


My finished Art Journal pages
You can still see the bursts of colorspray
I was covering up, in this photo,
but they're not so prominent in the
finished pages.
I'm just in under the wire to participate in Tim Holtz' 12 Tags of 2012 for May, with a completed a page in my Art Journal for this challenge...slightly bigger than a tag.  =) Thankfully, the challenge doesn't have to be a tag, but to help inspire something creative in us...and that it did!

For my journal pages, I repurposed tissue paper from a store that had used it to wrap something breakable in.  It already had a printed motif on it, but I cut the design pieces out and randomly adhered them to my already painted & stencil pages (up to this point, I had slightly covered up some random color sprays with gesso and Archival ink...and added a Dylusion stencil for the border).  I added distress ink with a foam applicator over the tissue paper, then partially colored some of the images with distress markers.  For added dimension & effect I also colored with Souffle & Glaze pens.

I didn't have UTEE (ultra thick embossing powder) readily available, so I added extra Glossy Accents to the flower embellishments, in its place, to create the faux UTEE effect.  I finished off the pages with some stamped sentiments (CTMH) & a stamped compass embellishment using the same faux UTEE effect...which took an extra coating, and lots of drying time (one of the down sides of not having the UTEE available).  I had made extra of the compass embellishments from a Tag Swap for ATT a while back, and it came in handy for this page.

Glossy Accents helped give these flowers the look of UTEE
So far I haven't missed one of the 12 Tags of 2012, but I sure came close this time.  And with that, I'll say good-night to May, 2012.

Pleasant dreams!  Lisa 

1 comment:

  1. Oh hurry up and enter in the Inspiration Journal May Flowers! Link on my newest post. This is wonderful! I just love those journal pages and it is pure magic! Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!