Saturday, December 1, 2012

Wintertime Paris Tag

Just sneaking in under the wire for Tim Holtz' 12 Tags of 2012, for November. I bet you didn't think I could do it.  lol.   I've been remembering back to the time we went with some of our Aussie friends to Paris for New Year's 2003.  We ended up at Versailles  while it was snowing and had such fun building a snowman!  I've got a picture around here somewhere...I'll have to dig it up sometime and add it to this post.  It was very surreal...building a snowman at Versailles -- such wonderful memories.

Anyway...on to my tag!  I used a variety of TH stamps from Shabby French, Winter Sketchbook, & Sketch stamp sets, then hand-wrote the sentiment, "Dreamin' of Wintertime in Paris."  I used some mini Christmas tree pearls to tie onto the tag, and added extra clear embossing on the edges & on the snowflakes, and some dusting of stickles as well.  The chandelier lights are tiny swarovski crystals.  My colors of choice were Broken China & Peeled Paint Distress Stains, and Chipped Sapphire distress ink. 

By the way...I didn't have a craft iron like Tim had in his post, so I turned my tag upside down on a piece of newsprint paper and used my heat gun to heat up the embossing powder while I used a brayer to flatten the tag onto the newprint.  It took a bit more time than ironing would've done, but it still worked!  Check out his post for all the details!

Finished it off with a gorgeous facet gem...and now...I think I'll call it a night.  =)



Keep Dreamin'!  Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful stamping, Lisa! Your colors blend so beautifully and it looks lit from within... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty my dear. Still trying to get into the swing of things. We hung 4 pieces of art this week whoopee! Its a start, I feel a house id a home once you put the pictures up. Now I have to work on my studio...Its tough cause I dont have a table, its in the kitchen. I work on a piece of wood. LOL. well soon we will get our kitchen table back and then I can do a switcher...Hope you are doing well, thanks for stopping by. Gerri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!